Banned Books Week: September 21 - 27
Catcher in the Rye . . . Harry Potter . . . Captain Underpants . . .
Every year, there are hundreds of attempts to remove books from schools and libraries. Celebrate YOUR freedom to read and right to choose your book during Banned Books Week, September 21 to 27 . For more information, visit http://www.ala.org/bbooks
September Is Library Card Signup Month
Now is the perfect time to sign up for
a Wood Dale Library card. Your library
card gives you access to a world of
information. It’s a great resource to
meet your information needs for
school, work, or pleasure.
Here’s some great ways to use your Library and library card:
- Download an e-book or audio book. Visit www.mymediamall.net.
- Need to learn how to download an e-book? Schedule a one-on-one
technology training session with a librarian.
- Use a computer to finish a school project or apply for a job online.
- Use free Wi-Fi.
- Attend a preschool story hour with your child.
- Save money while spending quality time: plan a family afternoon at
a place that’s free - the library!
- Check out a pass to a museum or the zoo.
- Get help with homework. Visit the library website to access tutor.com.
- Get some me time with friends and books by attending a book club.
Thank You to Jack Fredrickson
Thank you to author Jack Fredrickson for an enjoyable evening of mystery.
Those who enjoyed Fredrickson's "A Safe Place for Dying" will be happy to know the Library owns the following books in the series and is planning to purchase the upcoming January release of "Silence the Dead: Suspense in Smalltown Illinois."
A New eService: Gale Courses (formerly Learn4Life)
Never stop learning. Whether you’re looking for personal enrichment courses or professional development, the Library now offers hundreds of online courses accessible anywhere online, 24/7. Gain valuable knowledge you can immediately apply to your personal or work life. Popular course titles include Introduction to the Office Suite, Prepare for the GED, Resume Writing Workshop, SAT/ACT Preparation, and Start Your Own Small Business. New classes are starting September 17 and October 15. Register for a class with your Wood Dale Library card and Gale Courses.